Friday, August 1, 2008

Stonebriar Shenanigans

As I mentioned before, life is never dull with a toddler around. Today we made the long trek out to Stonebriar Centre in Frisco to hit up the Pottery Barn Kids. I finally got all of my baby bedding in the mail and wanted to go look at the different curtains to match. Well of course as a pregnant woman, the first thing I have to do after making the 30 minute drive is run to the ladies room. Since I had the stroller, Claire and I went to the "family restroom." For those of you that have never seen one of these before, it is usually a large restroom containing a toddler potty, a regular potty, a changing table, etc. and a lock on the door. As soon as I shut the door, Claire pointed to the toddler potty and said, "I na na (read: wanna) go on this one." I was so excited! I immediately stripped her down to her bare bottom and plopped her on the seat. So these seats are supposed to be made for little bottoms right? Wrong! As soon as I let go of her and turn my back, she starts freaking out cause her little butt has dipped down into the toilet bowl and is now touching (ew!) the water! At this point, she is none too happy to be sitting on the little potty. I pluck her off the potty and make a fatal mistake - I sit down to use the restroom myself while my toddler stands bare butt next to me. Before I know it, she is peeing all over the floor and her shoes (thank goodness for Crocs!) Eventhough she hasn't gone in the potty, I praise her nonetheless (she still didn't go in her diaper right?). I finally managed to get her and the floor cleaned up and put back together. This potty training thing is WAY more intense than I ever imagined, and it's been less than 24 hours! As a matter of fact, I was so stressed out at this point, that I left my purse in the public restroom. Thankfully a good samaritan turned it in - $3 cash and all! What a day...

3 comments:

Heather said...

WOW!!! What a day! Poor Berry and her wet bottom. I hope it didn't traumatize her!

Czarina said...

Hey Andrea,
It's Czarina Hounsel - its so good to see you in the blog world! Congrats on baby #2 - how exciting.

Keep up the blogs - I love reading about you, Derek and Claire!
- Czarina

K said...

My fiance's parents live in Frisco, so I am familiar with Stonebriar Center.... but family bathroom, very cool!