Friday, August 15, 2008

Preschool, Here We Come!

Well, I finally got everything worked out with Claire's school. I left them a message several weeks ago and never heard back. I immediately started freaking out thinking that we weren't in the class and that I would have both kids on my hands 24/7. I was really looking forward to having Claire in half days of school two days a week so I could spend more one on one time with Carter and perhaps do things that are impossible to do with two kids (ie. grocery shop). I decided to call the school again on Tuesday and found out that the director had been replaced and the new director just started her job on Monday. At least now I knew why I hadn't heard back from anybody. Bad news was still to come - the Monday/Friday class had not made yet. In other words, they didn't have enough students signed up to make it worth their while to keep the class. So now I was thinking - how am I going to find another good school with an opening and get Claire enrolled before school starts in a couple of weeks? The director asked if we'd like to be on the waiting list for the Tuesday/Thursday class. Really?! That's the class I wanted her in from the very beginning. Claire was put at the top of the waiting list, and within an hour I found out that a spot opened up and Claire was in!!!! I have never felt such relief and excitement! My baby starts school on September 2. She'll be going every Tuesday and Thursday from 8:45am - 12:45pm. I took her up to the school so we could turn in her paperwork and pay the fees and tuition, and as we were walking down the hall of classrooms, Claire beamed up at me and said, "Mommy, this is my school!"

To conclude this blog, here are some pics of my very imaginative girl. She's really starting to get into dress up and pretend.

Claire put on her pajamas like a dress and told me that Daddy's Wii remote was actually her purse

Pretend tasting Bella's icky hamburger toy

Claire put down a changing pad (read: lovie) and brought in wipes and a diaper to change her mermaid baby.


Wiping mermaid baby

Cleaning mermaid baby's face

Putting a clean diaper on mermaid baby

1 comment:

Heather said...

So cute! She and Parker start a day apart. He starts Wed., Sept. 3. I can't believe they're both going to be in school!!!