Saturday, August 9, 2008

Laura Visits the Mound

One of my best friends from college, Laura, came to visit us this week. We had so much fun hanging out, spending time with Claire, and eating LOTS of bad food! We're both feeling extremely guilty, and we only made it to the gym one time! Last night, we ventured south of the loop and went to Trece on Knox/Henderson. I have heard so much about this Mexican food restaurant and let me tell you, IT WAS AWESOME! We ate waaaay too much and enjoyed every bite. If any of you ever venture down there, be sure to try the table-side guacamole (one of the best I've ever had) and the tortilla soup. Afterwards, we went to the bar at the Ritz. It's one of the most interesting places to people watch in Dallas - one word, hilarious! Unfortunately for Laura, I am completely inexperienced with the bar scene. I promised her I would spend just as much time researching where to go out afterwards as I do on finding good restaurants. Here are some pics of us in our "going out" attire as well as some pics of my growing belly.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you had a nice visit with Laura!! You're right, Carter is sooooo sweet. Can't wait to meet him in person. Love from Aunt Gigi..

Heather said...

Y'all looked so cute! Wish I could have gone out with y'all. Maybe next time my gallbladder won't be out of whack...STUPID gallbladder!