Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Day at the Splash Park

Today Claire and I met up with some of our playgroup friends at Celebration Park in Allen. If you've never been, you have to check it out. It has a huge splash pad with all kinds of fun misters, showers and squirters. It also has an amazing playground which I'm sure will be much more fun when it's not 100 degrees outside. I'd love to go back again when the weather starts to cool off. Claire and I had a great time with Leslie, Austin and Nolan; Maureen and Ayden; and Erin and Kendall. Claire was so tired when we got home that she ended up taking a 2 1/2 hour nap. I was too busy talking to get any good pics at the park, but I caught a few funny moments this morning.

As usual, Claire woke up this morning and came into our room hauling a pile of toys, blankets, lovies and pretty much whatever else she could find. This morning she also put on her sun hat and carried in one of her purses to inform me that she was going bye-byes.


This is a picture of Claire in her homemade fort. She started hanging out in this corner behind the chair, and Daddy positioned the curtain to make it into even more of a hiding spot. Now if I'm having a hard time finding something important (ie. my travel shampoo bottles for the gym, my water bottle, Claire's brush, etc.), all I have to do is raid the fort.

3 comments:

Melody said...

Isn't Celebration Park awesome!? I'm sad we weren't able to join y'all. Next time! I am jealous Joe & Stacy live so close to the park - how fun!

Heather said...

Love the pics. So precious! The fort cracks me up.

Ashley said...

Landon wants to come play in Claire's fort! Cute pics!