Thursday, August 7, 2008

3D Sonogram Pictures of Baby Carter Douglas Crabtree

Well, the big day finally arrived. We got to see our sweet baby's face for the first time. We had a special family and friends outing with Mommy, Daddy, Nana, Mommy's friend Laura and big sister Claire to Stork Vision - a 3D/4D sonogram center in Frisco. During the sonogram, Claire wanted to know, "Mommy, whatcha doin' over here." I told her we were looking at pictures of her baby brother. She kept asking about baby Carter and trying to climb up onto "Mommy's bed" while they were performing the sono. For those of you who have never experienced it, the 3D sonogram is incredibly amazing. Claire's 3D pictures really gave us a clear idea of what she was going to look like. Sometimes, I look at the 3D pic we have framed in her room, and it's just as good a likeness of her as some of her first born pictures. It was so much fun to compare the pics of Carter to Claire's 3D pics. He definitely has a similar nose. His lips appear to be fuller like his Daddy's. Claire's sonogram clearly showed a pointy chin like Mommy's, but Carter's looks to be a little broader and more masculine like Daddy's. He was enjoying sucking his thumb during most of the first half of the sonogram. You can see his arms and hands in most of the close up pictures of his face. At one point, he was even snuggling up to my placenta like it was his own little pillow. Eventually, he crossed his arms in front of his face and refused to let us take any more pictures. Amazingly, he is already head down! I guess he'll be ready to come out on time just like his sister. The huge pushes and nudges I've been feeling on the upper right side of my uterus are his feet - he even stretched his legs the whole way out during the sono. Hope you enjoy these pics as much as we do!

Carter was sucking his thumb just like his big sister.

The next four, his hand was moving around his face trying to get that thumb in his mouth.




I love the next two pics because you can really see his sweet face. He is nuzzling into my placenta there on the right.


Two little feet that have been giving me so much trouble on my right side!

Snuggling Mommy's placenta.

You can see his two little arms crossing. They eventually came up in front of his face and blocked us from taking any more pictures.

His leg outstretched with his foot pressing hard into the upper right side of the uterus.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't wait to meet him!! I love the pictures. I wonder what kind of crazy nickname I will come up for him. His Aunt Heather always comes up with something clever!

My favorites are definitely the middle two where he is snuggling. It is hard for me to tell with these pics, but I think he's going to look like Derek.

I wish I could have been there today. I'm glad you were surrounded by people and it was a good experience! Love you!

Melody said...

He is soooo cute!!! I can't wait to meet baby Carter!