Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Carter's Nursery

I'm sure you've all heard me say one thing or another about decorating Carter's nursery. It was a huge deal to me because I didn't get a chance to decorate Claire's room all girlie since Derek didn't want to know what we were having. This time, I wanted to go all out. While we were out of town visiting family earlier this summer, Derek secretly painted Carter's room lime green and set up Claire's big girl bed so he could move the baby furniture to Carter's room. I was so excited when I got back from our trip, that I immediately set to work ordering the bedding from Pottery Barn Kids and putting everything together. Since our rocker no longer matched the room, I went to Calico Corner and selected fabric for a slip cover. The fabric just arrived, so I took some pics of the room to share with everyone. I'm still waiting on the letters that go above his bed (they're hand-painted canvases that spell out his name), and my seamstress still has to sew the slipcover. Let me know what you think!





4 comments:

Heather said...

I love it! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Melody said...

How cute!! It looks great, Andrea!

Heather said...

You're slacking...it's time for a new post!

Unknown said...

The room is soooo cute - I just love the colors - and the wall hanging just makes the room. I'm really looking forward to seeing the room and Carter in person - you, Claire, Derek, and Bella, too!!!!! Love you!! Aunt Gigi