Saturday, November 8, 2008

Carter Update and An Awesome Birthday Gift

Carter is now more than three weeks old! I can't believe how quickly everything flies by. He is the sweetest boy - I am so in love. It's amazing how much less he sleeps than Claire did. He stayed awake for 3 hours straight yesterday! I couldn't believe it. He wasn't fussing or anything, he just laid in his swing with his eyes open just checking out the world around him. Nights are proving to be a little more difficult. He lays in his pack 'n play grunting and groaning on and off for hours, and as many of you know, that does not make for a restful night for Mommy and Daddy. It's much easier to sleep through the little noises when the baby isn't resting in a bed right next to yours. These noises aren't so bothersome when heard over a monitor. So of course, I am a walking zombie right now. In the beginning, he was grunting and groaning in pain with bad gas through out most of the day, but we've now switched formula for the third time (from Gentlease to Soy) and he seems to be doing much better. It's only been a few days, so time will tell. Everybody keep your fingers crossed that this is the answer. Also, let me just give praise to the lord for the papasan swing! Aunt Heather loaned us her swing and Carter sleeps so well in it - it's my lifesaver during the day. Big sister Claire is adjusting well to the changes our little boy has brought. She either wants to help me with everything or she's just indifferent and completely ignores him. The only time she really acts up is when she gets impatient and needs my help with something. Patience is definitely a virtue she has not learned, but is slowly adjusting to life without Mommy's undivided attention. She absolutely loves her baby brother and enjoys kissing him, holding him in her lap and watching him get diapers changes. All in all, life is good and we're really enjoying our sweet angel. He's so beautiful and he has totally stolen my heart!

On another note, my husband got me the coolest present for my birthday. A small - about the size of a cell phone - video camera called a Flip. It has a built in USB that just plugs into the side of my computer to quickly download video clips. It's perfect for putting small videos up on my blog. I can't wait to post my first video. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Aww! I didn't know you had made this post. You are so very welcome for the swing! You know it was my lifesaver for both the kids!!