Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hershey's Chocolate...The Breakfast of Champions?

Each morning when Claire gets up, she sits on the couch with her cup of milk to watch Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh. She's usually so content, that Derek and I are able to stay in bed a little longer or hop in the shower while she camps out. This morning I came out of my bedroom after she had been on the couch for about 30 minutes only to find her rounding the corner covered in chocolate. I thought maybe she had tried to make chocolate milk by herself or something. Then I remembered that I had put chocolates in each door of the advent calendar, and Claire has taken to pulling her stool up to just about every piece of furniture to get at things on top. She had gotten into the advent calendar, removed every piece of chocolate and managed to consume at least four of them before I found her. She was a huge mess, but luckily none of it got on the furniture. Normally I would have been so upset and she would have ended up in the corner, but the whole thing was just so funny that I didn't have the heart to punish her. Here she is...SO proud of herself!

What do you mean I can't have chocolate for breakfast?

Just one more Mommy.

So happy to be covered in chocolate.









2 comments:

Heather said...

OMG!!!!!

That is freakin' hilarious!!

The funniest part is that she probably had no idea she was doing anything wrong!

I love it!

Melody said...

SOOOO adorable! I am so happy to hear that all is getting better in the Crabtree household. I hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving, and I want to come see you next week if you are free!