Monday, November 24, 2008

Carter Update

Today I took Carter to his doctor for a follow up after our hospital visit. They deep suctioned him again and gave him a breathing treatment. He definitely sounded much better by the time we left. The bulb suction I've been doing at home just doesn't do the same job as the machines at the doctor's office and the hospital. I feel so bad every time I have to stick that bulb up his tiny nose because I know that his nose is probably sore and swollen. The doctor did give me a steroid nasal spray to help with the swelling though. She's also keeping him on breathing treatments every four hours through this Friday. We are to reduce the amount of breathing treatments per day at our own discretion after that. We return to the doctor next Monday for our next followup. She suspects he'll be much better by Friday, so let's keep our fingers crossed and keep praying.

On another note, Derek came home from work for a few hours this afternoon to watch Claire while I went to my doctor (my last checkup since my delivery) and Carter's doctor. Derek working late tonight seemed like it would be better on me and Claire than having a two year old who misses her daily nap. Claire was so good for me tonight. I think she was just excited to be having some one on one attention from Mommy. Of course Carter was awake, but I had to give her more attention than usually since Daddy wasn't here. We had to leave the house to pick up my perscription and drop off Carter's so I decided to take Claire for icecream. She was so excited and talked about it the whole way there. When we got home she was very eager to put on her new Christmas pajamas, and it was very easy to get her into bed. She really can be such a good girl. All it takes is me giving her just a little bit more attention and treating her like the big girl she is becoming.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I hope she's right about Friday! I will continue to pray!

That's sweet about the ice cream. I can see her right now being SO excited!