Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Claire's First Day of School

Yesterday was Claire's first day of preschool. I was especially nervous because Daddy was taking her due to my doctor's appointment in the morning. The night before, I was like a mad woman rushing around the house packing her lunch and tote bag and making sure everything was ready to go.

Daddy made it on time with my camera in hand - hurray! At first, Claire didn't want to go into the classroom, so Daddy accompanied her and found her an Elmo book to read. Within seconds, she was distracted and Daddy slipped away. Easy as pie. She adapts so easily.

I went to pick her up four hours later, and she was so excited to see me. "Mommy, mommy, mommy," was all I heard as she approached my car. As soon as her teacher, Miss Frankie, put her in the car she began telling me all about her day. She was so wound up! Claire's first day report said that she was "Good" all day, but got a little sad towards the end due to sleepiness (school ends right before her nap time). She had goldfish and yogurt for a snack, and ate almost all of her lunch. Seems to me like we couldn't have asked for a more perfect first day of school. I hope Thursday goes just as smoothly.

Here are some pictures of Claire all dressed up for her first day.

Claire's crayon dress and fancy shoes.

Look at those blue eyes!

A little unsure - thank goodness for lovies!

The Elmo book that saved Daddy.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

She is SUCH a Crabtree!! So cute!

Heather said...

I love the pictures!!! She looked so pretty! I love my Berry!