Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Baby Carter Update - 35 Weeks

Yesterday was my weekly OB appointment. After discussing my progress and my previous pregnancy, the doctor and I decided to scheduled an induction for October 15 (if I make it that far). As of yesterday, I am 2cm dilated and 50% effaced at 35 weeks. I have been put on modified bed rest by my OB. Basically on the days Claire doesn't have school, I have to have someone else at the house to help out with Claire and other household chores. Our goal is to make it at least 2 more weeks. Derek and I are taking the bed rest to the extreme so that I won't end up on full fledged bed rest or hospitalized bed rest. Every time I get up from the couch or the bed, he wants to know where I'm going and what I'm doing. It's pretty funny since I'm not used to anyone waiting on me hand and foot. Everybody please keep baby Carter in your prayers, we just need to make it 2 more weeks for him to be considered fully developed and ready to enter the world.

On another note, Claire did one of the cutest things every yesterday! She got up at 6:40am which is unusually early for her (she's usually up around 7:15am). After breakfast I took her to change her diaper and she said, "Mommy, I'm tired." And I said, "Of course you're tired baby. You got up really early today. Why did you get up so early?" To which she replied, "Hmmmm. Think. Think. Think," while tapping her chin with her finger. The little things she does just melt me!

1 comment:

Melody said...

Jonah can't do chores yet, but he is looking forward to playing with Claire on Friday. :)