Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pretty In Pink Toes

I have been wanting to paint Claire's toenails pink for a while now, but I wasn't sure how Derek would react. He is anti doing anything out of the ordinary to our baby's body (ie. getting her ears pierced is White Trash and apparently equivalent to putting makeup on her). Yesterday afternoon, I finally decided that she simply needed to have her toes painted. At first, Claire was not so interested in the idea until I showed her the intriguing bottle of OPI pink. She immediatly climbed up onto my vanity stool and watched in awe as I dipped the little brush in the paint. I started to paint her big toe and all intrigue went out the door. She started jerking around and I practically painted the entire toe before I got it to look ok. Evidently, getting your toenails painted for the first time is a very strange feeling. After seeing how pretty her big toe looked, she held out her little toes to me and said, "Other ones." I knew she was a girly girl at heart! She patiently let me paint all of her remaining toes and sat very still while I used the hair dryer to quickly blow them dry. Then she walked around the house the rest of the afternoon checking out her toes, curling them under and releasing them so she could get a new look at her pretty pink nail polish.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love it! I want to do Peyton's, but I doubt she can sit still that long. I need to try the highchair trick. I like the blog explanantion, but NO, you cannot tell the first letters are bolded. I wish you could change the color of just the first letter.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody said...

How sweet! I like looking at my pretty toes too when I get them painted! :)

Unknown said...

She must take after her Aunt Gigi - I haven't had UNpainted toe nails for 19 years - and only when I was forced to remove it to have a c-section!