Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Mother In Me Honors The Mother In You - Namaste

Tonight is my first night back to prenatal yoga, or any exercise at all, since going into the hospital on Friday night. I was having muscle pains from the right side of my uterus all the way up the side of my body and into my shoulder for about 12 hours on Friday until I finally decided that maybe I should be seen by a doctor. We spent four hours in the hospital's L&D wing being monitored by a fetal heart rate monitor, having blood drawn and finally being given some painkillers. The pain I was experiencing was thankfully and annoyingly assessed as simply strained muscles and perhaps some trapped gas in my stomach. Hip-hip-hurray for second pregnancies! Though the pain was much less throughout the weekend, I begged my way into my doctor's office for an early appointment on Monday afternoon. Once again she confirmed that pretty much, second pregnancies just suck. I'm just experiencing excruciating back pain - nothing out of the ordinary. Thank goodness for muscle relaxers and Tylenol PM! The past two days have been mostly pain free, so I feel that I am ready to reemerge and head back to the gym. Oh how I've missed the sweet stench of LifeTime Fitness.

Sadly, I still have to endure the oh-so-wonderful glucose test (a test given to check for Gestational Diabetes) tomorrow. For those of you who don't know, this consists of drinking the equivalent of Minute Maid Orange soda with an extra cup of sugar added to it, on an empty stomach. Then you sit around for an hour while you feel like you're going to pass out, only to have them draw tube after tube of blood from your weakened body. Woohoo! On a happier note, my next doctor's appointment is Thursday, August 7 followed by a 4D ultrasound! I'm so excited to see our baby's sweet little face.

Claire's Crazy Cute Comment of the Day: When I first introduced Claire to the uncomfortable wooden Potty Chair with removable plastic bowl dangling from the bottom, she acted like it was a pint size electric chair. She simply refused to go near it with her little booty. Since then, the chair has been replaced by a softer seat that fits atop the big toilet and the old wooden contraption was relegated to our huge pile of junk in the garage. Today I found Claire sitting on the potty chair in the garage, making grunting noises followed by a loud and satisfied AAAHHHH. To which I said, "Claire, what are you doing." She gave me the "duh face" and said, "I goin' potty."

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the potty story. Too cute! How was yoga?