Monday, December 8, 2008

Pictures with Santa...almost

Friday was my first trip to the mall with both kids. Exciting and scary at the same time, but made much easier by having Heather and her mom there to help. I was prepping Claire for Santa all week - praciticing what she was going to ask Santa for, looking at pictures of Santa and just talking about him as much as possible. I knew Parker would cooperate on Santa's lap, so I made sure Heather sent him up there before Claire. I forgot that Peyton would most likely cry though. Claire saw Peyton get upset, and it was all downhill from there. I don't think Claire would have been happy either way. She's not really into strange old men. I decided that it wasn't worth the torture and opted to get a pic of Carter with Santa sans Claire. I think it turned out pretty cute. The Santa at Willow Bend is always so nice looking. The rest of the day went as expected - the kids had a blast in the play area, feasted on Chick-fil-a and icecream, and got restless with the shopping. All in all we had a great time!


No comments: