Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Doctor Appointments - Updates on Baby Carter and Claire

Yesterday was my 38 week exam at the OB. I am currently dilated to almost 4cm and am 75% effaced. The doctor went ahead and stretched my cervix manually (OUCH!!), but she says that Carter is still so high up in my uterus that I probably won't go into labor on my own this week. Looks like we will be making it to Tuesday, October 14 for my induction. It will be nice to have the weekend to make sure everything is ready for his arrival. I am so excited! I can't believe he will be here in less than a week! I can't wait to see his little face and hold him in my arms.

Today was Claire's 2 year checkup. She was such a good girl at the doctor. Her weight, height and head circumference were all in the 50-75% percentile range. Looks like she'll end up being just above average - just as long as she's taller than her 5'3" mommy. She let the doctor listen quietly to her heart and lungs, held her eye open for the light, and turned her head to the side to check her ears. The doctor said that Claire was the most cooperative patient she's ever had. She even sat still for them to spray the flu mist into both of her nostrils. I'm so proud of my big girl!

1 comment:

Melody said...

Just 4 more days!! Yippee!