Friday, October 31, 2008

Carter's Two Week Checkup

Yesterday was Carter's two week checkup. In just two weeks he has gone from 6.7 lbs. to 8.2 lbs. and from 19.75 inches to 20.25 inches. I was so surprised...I kept thinking he was at least 7 lbs., but over 8 lbs. was shocking! Overall, the doctor was very pleased with him. She put him on his stomach and he held his head up so well and almost rolled over right there on the exam table. She recommended starting tummy time at home for 5-10 minutes a couple times a day. Later in the afternoon, Carter was wide awake, and I decided to take our first try at tummy time. Within 30 seconds, my two and half week old baby rolled over from his tummy to his back! I couldn't believe it! His big sister didn't roll over until she was more than three months old. I made him do it over and over and even caught it on video because I thought for sure no one would believe me.

No comments: